|RECENTLY ADDED ITEM(S)|
Welted Fine Brogue Boots in Black by Wills London
Handmade, Goodyear Welted fine brogue boots.
A pair of Goodyear Welted boots can take up to eight weeks to make using up to 75 boot parts and over 200 different operations to create. The origins of this method go back over three hundred years. The method is generally regarded throughout the worldwide boot making industry as the very best way of making superior boots.
The “welt” is a strip of microfibre which is sewn around the bottom edge of a boot. This stitching (the welt seam) attaches the welt to both the insole and the upper of the boot. The welt is folded out to form a point of attachment for the outer sole. The outer sole is sewn to the welt, with a heavy-duty lock-stitch seam. Crucially, this stitching runs around the outside of the sole (rather than piercing the part under the foot) to maximize the sole’s water-resistance.
As the boot is worn the fit of the boot just gets better as its components mould to the shape of your foot and therefore the boot just gets more and more comfortable.
A Goodyear Welted boot can be re-soled by stitching the new sole to the welt extending the life of the boot.
- Built around a beautiful handcrafted classic last shape.
- Wingtip cut brogue boots with full brogue trim.
- Pebble grain soft faux leather microfibre uppers.
- Water resistant and breathable.
- Durable, grippy rubber soles.
- Finger tabs to help get on and off easily.
- Soft breathable linings with hand stitched PU insoles.
- Ethically made in Portugal. PETA approved Vegan.
Made in USA